We are proud to offer our customers the opportunity to design their own sartorial tie.
Our sartorial ties are fully made by hand in Italy from cutting of the fabric to handrolling of the hems (if you choose an untipped tie). During production we make sure that you receive the highest quality sartorial ties available.
Starting off with the cutting of the fabric - we only cut the chosen fabric on the bias in 45 degrees. This is very important as otherwise the tie will drape badly or twist unfavourably.
The traditional way of cutting a tie is the threefold tie – so called as the tie is folded three times to get a closed seam on the edge. All our threefold ties are equipped with an interlining from wool and/or cotton. Choosing the right balance of interlining is very important to achieve a beautiful knot and dimple.
All our sartorial ties are handsewn and not machine made (semi sartorial).
The production of one Brunati Como bespoke sartorial tie takes approximately 45 minutes.
You may choose from the following options
- Lenght: From 135cm (≈53inch) to 165cm (≈65inch)
- Width: From 6.5cm (≈2,5inch) to 10cm (≈4inch)
- 3-Fold Selftipped (self-tipped ties have their blade tips closed with the same fabric used for making the tie)
- 3-Fold Untipped Handrolled (Untipped ties are those where the back of the blade tips have not been closed with fabric. The edges are handrolled)
- 7-Fold (the tie is folded seven times to form the body of the tie. No or only little interlining is used. The edges are handrolled - the backside can be opened with two mother of pearl buttons)
- 9-Fold (the tie is folded nine times to form the body of the tie. No or only little interlining is used. The edges are handrolled. The backside can be opened with two mother of pearl buttons)
- Loopkeper: Yes / No
- Place your initials of up to 3 characters. The initials are handsewn.
- Place your initials on the loopkeeper (if selected) or on the right side of the inner blade